Did you know that our packaging is made of a 30% reclaimed plastic?
Plastic recycling is the process of recovering plastic waste.
The three main purposes of recycled plastic are direct reuse, the use as raw material for the manufacture of new products and its conversion as fuel or as new chemical products.
We tell them below, the process that this material follows until we get to enjoy its second life:
1. Container deposit in the corresponding container, namely, in the yellow container.
But, what can be put in this container to recycle?
Plastic bottles (such as for example bottles of softener), metal containers (like canned food) y tetrabriks (like those of milk or juice). It is also possible to deposit the cork trays.
2. Collection and transfer to the selection plant. All the containers introduced in this container are transferred to a plant, where the materials are selected and classified by colors, thus optimizing the use of colorants.
3. Crushing and washing. The third step is to select, grind and wash to remove all impurities. Once this step is done, they are dried and centrifuged with the aim of eliminating possible remains that may have remained and homogenized with a mechanical process to achieve a uniform color and texture.
4. Generation of a new packaging or product. The last step is to give a new shape and color to the material.
5. Quality controls. After the relevant quality controls, the container or product will be ready for use..
At Instituto Español we care about our planet and the families that inhabit it.
That is why our products our products are not tested on animals, we do not dump waste so as not to harm the environment and our packaging is made of a 30% reclaimed plastic.